Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Leaving in 8 days....

It's hard to believe that we are really leaving in 8 days...and being a very bold and honest person, i know i haven't even really wrapped my brain around it. :) I'm a very fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl for those of you who don't know me. I rarely plan and I never EVER think anything bad will happen...i mean, if a tornado was coming straight for my house, i would be the one standing outside watching it, never doubting for a second, knowing with all my heart it would turn and miss my house at the last minute...i'm not sure if that's my faith in God, or just my stupidity, but I'd like to think with all i have seen God do in my life and in the lift of the people he has blessed me to know on this journey, that it's my faith in God. :)

No matter how much faith I have in my Father, for this trip, I still had to put down my "fly by the seat of my pants" pants and put on my "i have to plan" pants. It was a little painful, and not my favorite thing but because Tracy and I are responsible for 8 young girls there was no option for me - I made to do lists, spreadsheets, updates and team emails and actually created somewhat of a master plan (ok, so as much of a master plan as a fly by the seat of your pants kinda girl can have)- I'll let you know how that worked out when we get home. :)

Passports received, Visa's completed, flights scheduled, (driver's license being renewed tomorrow) 11 Shots administered, malerone prescription filled, off with 35% deet packed, mosquito nets, soccar balls, liability release forms, skirts purchased (i didn't own a single skirt so I had to go to goodwill and target to get skirts to wear when we teach...what can i say, i'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal), peanut butter and a few snacks packed, and last and the most exciting thing...250 7x7 albums, pages, protectors and supplies for the precious children at the Village of Hope Orphanage are in trunks, (1/2 of the supplies went over with my dear friend Jeff in May and we will be taking the rest with us in 7 trunks in 8 days)! Creative Memories consultants all over the united states graciously donated enough supplies for 250 children and the house moms at the orphanage to have their very own faith album!!! God is, again and always....so good...WOW!!

There's so much more to do, and if God didn't create me to have no fear, i'm sure i would be nervous or stressed about all the things that "can" happen in africa, but since i don't really know fear, or really know what fear even looks or feels like, i'll just do the only thing i know to do....pray...have an open heart, and be ready for whatever God has planned and ordained for our time in Ghana! (And lets be honest, if it's our time to go, it's our time to go and there aint nothing we can do to change that by worrying!) :)

We'd be honored for you to join in prayer with us...and we know, no matter what, that God WILL do great things and that we only have to say yes. 8 days and counting....CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 comment:

  1. God Speed! Our love and prayers go with you all.
    Marcia & Beryl Rogers

    ReplyDelete