Thursday, April 2, 2009

Because that's just who God is...

Ok, so i have to document all this or there's no way you would believe me. so, i am working until all hours of the night last night putting all the donations we have in faith album supplies in my computer, with all the donors and what they donated...it's OVERWHELMING because literally hundreds of albums and supplies have been donated from all over the U.S. and i get at least 2-3 boxes everyday in the mail and from UPS...i think people in clyde are wondering if i'm doing something illegal..lol

anyway, a friend of mine from college is going to ghana with a group of college kids (GOD MOMENT #1) and I talked to him last week and he said they would be willing to help us get our supplies to ghana so we didn't have to pay for shipping and of course, our little group of 7 from Clyde can't take the HUGE amount of albums suppplies that we have for the 170+ kiddos and house moms that are going to make a faith album...so of course this alone was a HUGE GOD THING! I mean of all the groups going to ghana, it just happens to be a group from Edmond, OK who my friend Jeff McMillon from college is leading and they are going in May (3 months before us)...yeah, I know God is on His throne LOVING that He's being so obvious about his hand in all this!

So anyway...I stayed up till REALLY LATE last night getting it all organized and putting it in packing boxes so my sweet husband doesn't divorce me for having albums and boxes covering our gameroom from floor to ceiling for the next 4 months...(lol)...so I got the albums packed up and most of the pages and protectors and I was hoping to take some of the boxes to Ft. Worth this weekend and have Kelly (a friend coming from Edmond for me to take her pictures) take some of them home with her, even though she has a really little car and most likely wouldn't be able to take very many boxes...at least I could get a couple of them out of our house and to Jeff...

Well...my friend Lindsey who God sent to Clyde as a guardian angel and precious new friend came to my house for lunch today....she'd never been to my house and we'd been trying to do lunch for the past 2 weeks...well it JUST SO HAPPENED (GOD MOMENT #2) that she walks in my door, sees all the albums and boxes stacked to the ceiling and I tell her that I have to get them to Edmond, OK...she looks at me and says, "I'm going to Bartlesville today and I think Edmond is a city I go through on my way when I looked on my map, do you want me to take them to Edmond for you?" NOT KIDDING!!! We pulled it up on MSN and sure enough, she is driving RIGHT through where Jeff lives....so we took the 161 albums that were boxed up ready to go and guess what...they fit PERFECTLY in her trunk...every single box!

So...because God is who He is and His plans are perfect and wonderful, Lindsey is on her way right now to see her boyfriend in Bartlesville with 8 boxes of faith albums in her trunk for Jeff.

I LOVE GOD MOMENTS...and I love my sweet GOD! Everyday He shows me another reason to trust him...and He gives me yet another glimpse of how much He loves us an takes care of us...because that's just who God is...

1 comment:

  1. you have more God moments than anyone i know! other than myself, haha. keep posting, i can't wait to see how this goes. if you ever go again, i wanna go too!

    ReplyDelete